Friday, July 10, 2009

"between 8 and 1" where's that German efficiency?

Finally I will have a telephone and internet. Well I do now (no phone, but internet, thanks to my water-pipe-smoking mellow neighbor, who gave me his wireless/Wehlan password. I went over to say thank you yesterday night, he was wearing a pretty cool african robe. He's from Mauritania. His wife seems the one who is in charge of the internet: yesterday he had to wait for her to tell me the connection settings/network name/password. They left a note on my doormat. Its great to have nice neighbors!
which means at least I have some distraction, while I wait for the Telecom-guy.
9:51, no Telecom.
To be perfectly honest, the weather right now asks for memories of perfect sunshine in Hillcrest. But then I know, Hamburg may not have the best of weather, but it makes up for that. But not RIGHT NOW, be patient, Thomas. OK, I'll watch a movie now, having nothing better to do.

1 comment:

  1. Tomasooooo, well if this a consolation for you I do not
    have a fucking phone line yet. Guess: if there are more
    than 6 neighbours, you need a weird stupid box that
    of course telefonica (such a great company ;-) )... So, we are
    exactly 6 (one German as well)... But here comes the issue;
    by law all the elevators have to have a phone. It would be
    our "7" neighbour... So we need to apply for the fucking box.
    And guess what, nobody in telefonica knows which department
    does that! Amazing ah?
    At least I am sure that in Germany they just show up the
    day they will... Spain sucks for it, no matter wher you are,Madrid,
    Barcelona... Same stuff always! I miss the Road Runner guys!
    Besoooooo

    ReplyDelete